Saturday, September 6, 2014

Rhetorical Analysis Reflection

     I learned a lot from the article as I performed a Rhetorical Analysis.  Reading the article in this way helped me to better understand what it was that the author was really trying to say.  It helped me to try and put myself more in his shoes rather than just look at things from my personal point of view.  One thing that I found to be an effective way of better understanding the article was to draw out the triangle with the Rhetor at the top and work my way through the other two points.
     Some of the things that I feel were strengths in the writing of my proposal were that it was on a subject that interested me, and that I wasn't just reading to memorize text.  The thing that may come as a weakness to my proposal was the amount of information present in the authors writing.  It may have been too short to be able to get very much in depth into the subject.
     This assignment was somewhat difficult due to the fact that there were several locations that my proposal had to be published. Other than that I feel like I really gained a better understanding for what Rhetorical Analysis is and how to use it effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment