Thursday, September 18, 2014

Reading Reflection #2

     This entry comes from the reading we were assigned in our text book.  We were assigned Ch. 10 which is on Revising versus Editing.   I learned several things and one of the most important things was the difference between these two actions.  Editing is simply looking for grammatical errors such as punctuation, whereas Revising looks more into the content of the paper and examines the arguments and effectiveness of the paper.
     Some things that will help me with the revision of my own papers as well as those of the students in my class are as follows.  Thinking of pertinent questions while I read such as, is this passage effective? If not, then how can it be better?  I can also look for things that are done well and give positive feedback on those points.  The one thing that I think will help me the most however, will be to look for the Thesis and see if the argument that follows supports it clearly and firmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment