Sunday, December 7, 2014

issues paper reflection

Brady Terry
Professor Debra Reece
English 2010
December 7, 2014
Final Draft reflection
            There has been a lot that has gone in to this paper.  After a proposal several reflections and many revisions to my draft, I feel like I have a decent paper that conveys the message I want my readers to hear.  I worked with my workshop group in lots of the revising.  They had some great input and really helped me to polish up my paper.  As the paper developed I continued researching and studying deeper into the subject and I also pulled from many personal experiences. 
            I learned that it is very important to use rhetoric when creating an argument.  If you write a great paper but don’t gear or present it to the correct audience, then it is to no avail.  You have to be conscious of the topic and issue at hand and be able to present the information in an understandable way to those who will be your directed audience.  This in turn allows the argument to develop properly and when paired with valid and meaningful evidence it lets readers know that you are a reliable source on the subject, and someone they can look to for answers to questions.

            The things that came naturally mostly came because of the subject.  Because it was something that I am interested in and concerned with I was able to focus and enjoy what I was writing about.  It made the writing process easier and more naturally as well.  I felt like one of the things that I learned most about and will help me most in writing papers in the future is peer revision over just simply editing.  Revision will be helpful because it will strengthen the argument of my paper by bringing other viewpoints to light and making sure that there are few to no gaps between points and paragraphs in the paper.  I learned a lot throughout the semester and will use many of my newly acquired skills in future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment